Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time 35 minutes Servings 6
- Broccoli – coarsely chopped
- Peppers (assorted colours)
- Canned tomatoes
- Penne pasta
- Olive oil
- Chop vegetables, fry onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot
- Add chopped vegetables to large pot
- While vegetables are frying, boil pasta
- Add can of diced tomatoes to vegetable mixture
- Drain cooked pasta and add to vegetable mixture
Banana Coconut Baked Oatmeal
This Banana Coconut Baked Oatmeal is rich and has just the right amount of sweetness to make your breakfast feel indulgent.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 45 mins Total Time 55 mins
Total Cost: $4.29 recipe / $0.72 serving
- 1.5 cups mashed ripe bananas* $0.68
- 1 large egg $0.27
- 1/4 cup brown sugar $0.08
- 1/2 tsp vanilla $0.14
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg $0.05
- 1 tsp baking powder $0.06
- 1/2 tsp salt $0.03
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut $0.31
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk $2.17
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats $0.51
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat the inside of a 2-3 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut until evenly combined. Add the coconut milk and whisk until smooth again. Add the rolled oats and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Pour the oat mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to eat. Pairs well with cold milk poured over top.