Creamy Reuben Soup
By November, the weather is getting colder and the search for something to keep you warm is on. Soup is one of my favourite ways to keep warm over the colder months!
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices rye bread, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. McCormick caraway seeds (optional)
- McCormick Ground black pepper
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. sliced corned beef, cut into 1″ cubes
- 8 oz. sauerkraut
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- McCormick salt
- 1/2 lb. shredded Gruyere or Swiss
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, in batches toss together 2 tablespoons oil and bread cubes, stir until well coated and golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-low. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, garlic, caraway seed and ½ teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ½ cup water and chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add corned beef, sauerkraut, and heavy cream; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and add salt if needed. If it’s too salty adjust by adding small amounts of water and bring back to a boil.
- Place oven proof soup bowls on a rimmed sheet pan. Divide soup into each bowl, top with croutons and top generously with shredded cheese. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until cheese is melted and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Chocolate chip zucchini bars.
When looking for a snack nothing is better then a healthy and tasty desert, with a dose of your daily vegetables.
- ½ cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch square ceramic baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the zucchini, vanilla, and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ones, and stir until gooey.
- Put the batter into the pan and smooth down.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!