There’s a huge hole at James & Picton! Thankfully, it’s all part of a larger plan as Hughson Street Baptist Church officially started its new building project by demolishing the existing building. The two tenants that seem to be most remembered in the building were the LCBO Store back in the 70’s, and the Picton Library Branch which closed in 2009. Now the well-known corner is going to be home to a new facility for the church in worship and the great variety of ministries they share with the neighbourhood. It will also have 3 floors of affordable housing which will be operated by Indwell Homes. The plan is that the foundations for the building will go in before the 2018 and construction will continue through to the spring/summer of 2019.
Get the Lastest News
Receive the monthly news in your inbox as soon as it is posted!
- WALKABOUT ALL ABOARD AT THE WEST HARBOUR GO STATION
- North End Neighbourhood Association (NENA) Update
- HOPA Port Update – October
- Linda’s Chatty Walkabout – Riding the Go Train
- NORTH ENDER OF THE YEAR AWARD PRESENTATION
- From the North End Breezes Archives
- A Canal and a Harbour, Part 2
- Fall Gardening
- BOOK CLUB CORNER
- What’s Cooking in the North End…..
- Cooking in the North End
- North Ender of the Year Award Presentation