There’s a huge hole at James & Picton! Thankfully, it’s all part of a larger plan as Hughson Street Baptist Church officially started its new building project by demolishing the existing building. The two tenants that seem to be most remembered in the building were the LCBO Store back in the 70’s, and the Picton Library Branch which closed in 2009. Now the well-known corner is going to be home to a new facility for the church in worship and the great variety of ministries they share with the neighbourhood. It will also have 3 floors of affordable housing which will be operated by Indwell Homes. The plan is that the foundations for the building will go in before the 2018 and construction will continue through to the spring/summer of 2019.
February 27, 2020
June 4, 2018
April 29, 2020
October 2, 2019
- See What’s Happening in the Marketplace!
- The Welcome Inn Seniors Diner Club & Cycling Without Age
- Whispers In The Garden Fundraiser for Keaton’s House – Paul Paletta Children’s Hospice
- Amazing and Unbelievable Christmas Traditions You Never Knew Existed
- James North Baptist Church has a new Lead Pastor!
- Councillor Update
- North Ender of The Year Award Presentation
- December Garden Notes
- Our Changing Waterfront
- Another Successful North End Food Drive
- From the Waterfront Shores team: Thank you for believing in our vision
- HOPA Update – Historic S.S. Keewatin sets sail from the Port of Hamilton to call Kingston home
Get the Lastest News
Receive the monthly news in your inbox as soon as it is posted!