2 C. strawberries
1/3 C. sugar
1 Bottle white wine
ginger ale or Perrier
- Hull and halve berries; place in bowl with sugar. Let stand.
- Puree in blender with wine until smooth.
- Pour through fine sieve into pitcher
- Make 4 hours ahead. Chill.
- Serve over ice with ginger ale and whole berries
- Makes 10 servings
(I made a large amount for a garden party with most of a flat of berries. I made the puree without the wine and froze it in freezer bags. Then I added enough puree to make a pitcher with wine and sparkling water, ice cubes and whole berries.)
1 Small seedless watermelon
1 English cucumber (do not peel)
Cut watermelon into small chunks (inch by inch – or use melon baller) and save any juice
Chop cucumber into similar size.
5 green onions sliced
1/3 C cider vinegar (add watermelon juice and enough water to make 1 cup)
1 tbsp poppy seeds
If you find the dressing too tart add more sugar or sweetener.
Mix together – that’s it!! I there is any juice left after the salad is gone, it’s good as a refreshing drink with sparkling water.