We hope you are enjoying the winter weather. We have several items to update you on.
- Our meeting next Wed. Feb. 7th is cancelled. Instead everyone is encouraged to go to the St. Lawrence Church Town Hall meeting. The Diocese of Hamilton is reviewing the feasibility of St. Lawrence Church Feb. 7that 7pm. The church is very important to the neighbourhood, everyone is welcome and all support is greatly appreciated.
Location: St. Lawrence Church Hall (corner of Mary & Picton). Our next meeting will be Wed. March 7th at Bennetto Community Centre
2. Last year the NEN board had a mandate to look at and determine if change was necessary for our neighbourhood constitution. After much work and several meetings the constitution is ready for approval. Please visit this link to either endorse or decline the constitution. The constitution is also available to view on the link.
3. Thanks to everyone that filled out our survey. The results will be available for our March 7th meeting.
4. Jan. 29th Curtis Biehler and Jon Davey attended the Ward 2 neighbourhood association meeting. At these meetings we discuss common issues with the other Ward 2 associations and our Councillor Jason Farr.
3 important items from the meeting.
1. Community Benefits Network www.hcbn.cagave a talk about the benefits of joining their group who advocate for signed agreements with developers to make sure everyone benefits from their development.
2. We requested a meeting with Jason Farr and Edward John (city planner) to move along the concept of “Complete Communities” This should happen in Feb.
3. Plan Local. This year is different from past years. Each neighbourhood will receive $150,000 in funding to “beautify our community”. Get your ideas ready to submit and voting will happen in June.
5. Neighbourhood Entry Signs
We have been given the ability to design the signs entering our neighbourhood. More information to follow.
Thanks and remember to clear the snow from your walkways as well as others who may be unable to do so this winter.
Best Regards – Curtis Biehler, Prsident