Make A Date With Your Heart! February is American Heart Month, and Valentine’s Day is a great time to start taking steps to be heart-healthy.
- Prevent and control high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
- Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke.
- Limit alcohol use.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Be active.
- Eat healthy
Things to do, if you are Single on Valentine’s Day:
- Laugh it up: Funny Movie Marathon
- Treat yourself: Massage, manicure, makeover, movie, retail therapy
- Join a friend or family in doing something special
- Get a group of singles together and do something together
- Challenge yourself to do something you haven’t done before
- Choose to share love with others – volunteer and give love out to others
- Make a Date with yourself to choose write down 100 dreams you would like to accomplish
Prepare for Spring:
Time for Spring Cleaning so you can enjoy the warmer weather:
- Clean windows & window coverings & Wipe walls down
- Dust off ceiling fans, book shelves, and books
- Clean out fireplace
- Test all your emergency systems: smoke fire, carbon monoxide, and your fire extinguisher
- Shampoo Rugs & upholstered furniture
Spring Tips for Pets
- Beware of standing water from spring showers & sprinklers
- Keep pets away from weed killers, mulch, & fertilizers
- Beware of Toxic Springtime plants and allergens