Effective Community Advertising for Your Business!
Advertising in the North End is a Breeze!
The North End is a dramatically growing part of Hamilton. Advertise your business directly to residents and visitors of the North End. We print and deliver 4000 hard copies to homes and businesses and have an active social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Support Your Community Newspaper
The North End Breezes is a not-for-profit organization established in 1972. Our newspaper strives to promote community and engage both residents and consumers in the North End of Hamilton. Advertising with us gets the word out to those closest to your business while also supporting a thriving community!
Ad Specs & Pricing
Pre-paid ad contracts offer a discount. A 6 month contract earns 1 free ad of the same size and an 11 month contract is eligible for 2 free ads. At this time, we do not publish in August. Your ad is also featured in our Market Place section on our website at www.northendbreezes.com and promoted on Twitter and Instagram.
Our community partners promote their non-profit services to the community in each issue. The annual fee guarantees a one-third space in each of 11 issues at a reduced rate of $500 per year. This annual fee contributes over 11% of our yearly publication costs. The cost of that space is $1800 for black and white and $2025 for colour.
Please contact Brenda at 289-933-4810 for full details.
Copy & Ad Requirements
- Deadline: Final copy is due in the month prior to the issue date. Deadline is based on printing schedules and is usually the 15th of the prior month. Email reminders are sent 2 weeks prior to the due date. No revisions in size or layout can be accepted after that.
- File Requirements: All ads should be submitted in grayscale and colour as high-resolution PDF, 300 dpi or jpeg.
- Graphics Fee: A surcharge of 25% of the ad fee will be levied if the North End Breezes must create or modify the copy.
- Responsibility: The advertiser is solely responsible for fulfilling the advertising contract and assumes all liability for content. All submissions are subject to edit and/or approval based on our Mission and Values and at the discretion of the Board.
- Cancellations: No cancellations are accepted after publication deadlines. All cancellations must be received in writing by email at email@example.com by noon on the deadline dates.
- Payment: All ads are invoiced and payable upon receipt immediately by cheque, e-transfer or through PayPal. Multiple ads that qualify for discounted pricing are payable in advance for the full contract commitment.
- Mailing address is: 28 Fullerton Ave. Hamilton ON L8L 6G8 Attention: Brenda Duke
Advertise in Our Local Paper
- Reaches over 4,000 homes and businesses on the first of each month
- Includes on-line media coverage at no additional charge through our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Colour ads available on front and back pages, centre fold as needed
- Discounts available for multiple ads – see rates
- Engages residents, businesses, and consumers from the North End and surrounding neighbourhoods
- Promotes community connections and mutual support